Thursday 28 July 2011

cake, cress and cute


The blackberry cake went well - it was really tasty! There's still a tiny bit left but I may have to make another one with the remaining blackberries as Pete loves it! Maybe I'll try adapting the recipe to make some muffins!


Natalie's now at the stage where she can look at the pictures in storybooks, so Pete's been reading her a German book called 'Der Wakelzahn' (The Wibbly Wobbly Tooth). Did you know that the tooth fairy collects teeth to build her house with!


I decided to plant some seeds that my parents gave me - they're sprouting red cabbage, meant to be very good for you! They grow like cress, so I've popped some on my windowsill on some kitchen roll and we'll see what happens.



I've also planted some basil on the window sill (in a pot of course), as the shop bought basil always dies really quickly in our kitchen so I'm hoping I have better luck with the homegrown variety.

I'm feeling it's time for another Natalie photo montage. We did one when she was 2 weeks old (we like to call this 'the funny face of Natalie Grace'):


And here she is now at 17 weeks: The Very Smiley Face of Natalie Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment