Tuesday 26 July 2011

babies, blackberries and bandages...


So, got together with the other mums from church on Friday and we came up with a name for our toddler group - JellyTots! I've made a logo and we're good to go, just waiting to find the perfect venue for the group come September.


I found our first red tomato this weekend!


Plus, lots of strawberries have turned red too, yay!! Unfortunately something's been munching on the lettuce and pak choi though, and the neighbours cat keeps trying to use the raised bed as a toilet!



I'd been using the water bottle technique to deter the cat but I think they've gotten used to it - I'm going to try putting a net over the raised bed so the cats cant stand on it (well, not without getting their leg stuck!)


Pete's been working on the front garden to make it look less like a wild meadow - he cut the grass last week (took him about 2 hours because it was nearly a metre high!), and on Saturday he trimmed the hedge which desperately needed taming! Seeing the space look a bit neater I've been inspired to think of what we can do with it. It's a strange space, it's quite big but as it's out the front of the house we're not sure what to use it for. So, I'm going to start sketching some ideas...

On Sunday Mum and Dad came to stay so that they could look after Natalie on Monday while I went on my first aid course! The course was really interesting, but a little disturbing imagining having to perform first aid on your own baby! I'd say I feel more confident now though, so I'd recommend doing a course if you can - mine was free at the Children's Centre so its worth checking if your local centre runs one before paying to do one.


While I was out Mum and Dad took Natalie for a walk and found loads of blackberry bushes nearby so we all went for a walk later and picked a punnet - we got quite an impressive hoard! Now they're all washed and have been soaked in salt water to get rid of all the little caterpillars (yep, I thought it was a weird thing to do too but they did all float out of the berries!). Now I need to figure out what to do with them, it feels like the wrong time of year to make a pie - I found this recipe for a Blackberry & Apple Loaf so I may give that a go!


I gave Natalie some more tummy time today and she managed about 5 minutes - I feel like we're making progress!! Look how high she can hold her head up!! I'm so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment