Tuesday 12 July 2011

Cutting and sewing...well, just cutting so far!


I almost got Natalie to giggle yesterday by holding her hands and making her dance. I've gotten close before with a game of muslin peek-a-boo but the dancing seems to be funnier - I'll persevere, she is playing very hard to get!

Today I decided to decorate some of Natalie's vests with some appliqué fruit. I got the idea from a book I was given at Christmas (Making Children's Clothes) - I haven't quite got to the stage of sewing the fruit onto the vests but here's what I've done so far...







Natalie was having lots of fun on her baby gym today, kicking and grabbing, while I was cutting out the fabric fruit, and I noticed it had gone all quite so I looked down and she'd fallen fast asleep! I hope she's not narcoleptic!



I'm going to go with her just being so energetic that she got exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous project! Where do you buy pretty fabric Eve? I'm thinking of starting a quilt and would like pretty pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a lot of them as free samples from fabric websites, but there's a good shop in Abingdon called Masons - maybe we could go together one day, I want to get some fabric for a quilt too!

    ReplyDelete