Friday 15 July 2011

Busy day...


It's been a busy day today, but in a good way! This morning I had a couple of ladies over from church to talk about starting a toddler group now that we've actually got some children in the church. We went from having 2 kids to suddenly having about 12 in the space of 6 months! I was given the task of setting up and leading the group by our church leader, which will be a challenge seeing as I've never done anything like this before, but I'm excited about it. After the meeting today I feel really confident that we can do this well, I cant wait to get it started!

This afternoon I took my friend and her baby on a trip to Mothercare. I needed to get a swimming costume for Natalie because tomorrow we're planning on taking her for her first swim - YAY (hope she likes it!). For some reason they dont sell swimming costumes for babies as small as Natalie so I had to get a 'swimming nappy' instead, and she'll just have to be topless. Even the swimming nappy is pretty big on her, she's got such skinny legs - I hope she doesn't poo in the pool because that cozzie's not going to contain anything! I also spotted some sunglasses that we're reduced and couldn't resist buying them - safety first (plus they were really cute!). As soon as I put the glasses on her face she went completely expressionless - what a poser!


I also had a chance to plan our meals for next week - what a productive day I've had! I do this every Friday, based on what we have left in the fridge/ freezer/ cupboards - it's helped us cut down our grocery budget loads as we only need to buy a few things each week, and no food goes to waste. I like to throw in a couple of new recipes each week if I can to keep things interesting. I think I'll try and do the shopping tomorrow morning and leave Pete looking after Natalie - it's so much easier without the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment