Wednesday 10 August 2011

Num num num...


I made some fridge cake last night - delicious!

Here's the recipe:

1. Put 100g unsalted butter (cubed), 2tbsp clear honey and 400g chocolate (I used 200g dark and 200g milk) into a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir occasionally until melted and smooth.

2. Take the bowl off the heat and stir in 5 digestive biscuits (chopped), 100g mini marshmallows and 100g macadamia nuts (halved).

3. Tip the mixture into an 18cm square tin that you've lined with clingfilm. Leave to cool, then chill for 2-3 hours until set.

4. Remove the cake from the tin and slice to serve.

Meanwhile in the garden...


Our tomatoes are thriving, I dont think we'll have to buy any more all summer! I spotted our first few chillis too...


If anyone local would like some basil we've got plenty of mini plants so you're welcome to adopt one or two! (just comment on this post and I'll get in touch)


Natalie's been fairly happy today, compared to yesterday when her teeth we're giving her a bit of grief, so I took the opportunity to get some nice photos.




Recently I've been thinking about my diet, mainly because I'm starting to think about weening Natalie. Since having a baby I've really had to think consciously about drinking enough water and eating plenty of fruit and veg, because I want to make sure that she's getting the right nutrients from my milk.

Today's lunch:

fruit & veg: 2 portions, water: 1 glass (recommended 3 litres per day when breastfeeding, which is about 8 big glasses), plus dairy, protein, carbs and fat!

I've devised a weekly planner that I can stick on the fridge and I can tick off every time I have a glass of water (or diluted squash or juice) or a portion of fruit/ veg. It's also quite useful for me to fill in at the start of each day with calls I need to make, emails I need to send, and things I need to do. Here it is, feel free to print it for yourself if you think it'll be useful (you dont just have to be a breastfeeding mum to use it by the way!) - just laminate it or stick it in a plastic pocket and write on it with a whiteboard pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment