Wednesday 3 August 2011

Hot hot hot!

I took Natalie along to our local Children's Centre today for their 'Multicultural Day' - on first impressions it looked like a normal fun day with face painting, toys and books and biscuit decorating, but then I spotted the multicultural element - some henna painting! There were lots of kids walking round with their arms out like zombies because they'd had henna art done on the backs of their hands - looks like a great way of getting kids to behave! They also had a massage lady there giving free 10 minute chair massages to advertise her business so I got one of those! Natalie was not impressed at being held by a stranger, but she soon settled into it and I kept getting updates from the massage lady while my face was wedged in the chair on how much Natalie was smiling.


Natalie's been struggling with the heat - she can barely stay awake for more than an hour, she's even been falling asleep during feeds. When she was awake she was very chirpy though! I got the biggest giggle out of her today - I was telling her we needed to go upstairs to change her nappy, and she seemed to find the words COME.ON.THEN hilarious, so I kept saying it for about 5 minutes until she tired herself out laughing - it was very cute! I've tried it since and it doesn't work anymore - I'll have to figure out a new way of making her laugh - she likes to keep me on my toes!

Since my post about things you can get done in 5 minutes I've had a message from my friend with an additional 5 minute idea (a bit of a treat, thanks Hannah!):

"we had fresh blackberries one morning with drop scones - they only take a few mins to make, are simple, and very tasty. add a blob of creme fraiche or yoghurt and yum! we had them one busy morning between lots of errands, about 11am, then we didn't need lunch til later on! hope you enjoy if you eat them."

This got me thinking along the food route and I remembered a 5 minute chocolate cake in a mug recipe my aunt sent me ages ago - dangerous stuff, it means you're never more that 5 minutes away from cake!


Here's the recipe: 5 Minute Chocolate Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment