Friday 24 June 2011

Meat, Veggies and Riverdance!

I've had a very lazy day today - slept in till 9 (wow, I never thought I'd ever call 9am a lie-in!) because Natalie was still asleep, and haven't really done much since then except feed my baby and myself!


So, this weekend we've got lots of plans!! We're going to do our quarterly meat shop at meatmaster - it's an amazing wholesale butcher in Oxford where you can buy really low-priced good quality meat. We go there every few months and buy a load of meat to put in the freezer - it saves us loads of money on our weekly shop!

We're also going to look at some new cars - we've succumbed to the reality that our little 3 door Renault Clio just doesn't cut it as a 'family car'. Natalie's pushchair frame fills the entire boot which means that even going food shopping is a struggle for space, let alone trying to pack the car to go on holiday (babies need so much stuff!). Therefore, we're going to try and part exchange our car for a Renault Scenic - the ultimate family car! The boot can be made bigger by sliding the back seats forward (but they're still usable as seats!), all seats have a storage drawer underneath, the back seats can all me individually moved and/or removed, and there's a mirror above the rearview mirror that you can flip down so you can see what the kids are doing in the back! Perfect!

On a completely different note, I just had to go and change Natalie's nappy and it took forever because once the nappy was off she started doing the riverdance on the changemat! I decided to let her get the dance out of her system before putting on a new nappy seeing as she was enjoying it so much! Cute!


On Sunday I'm going to try and plant some veggies in our new raised vegetable plot - I'm strangely very excited about doing this! I'll post up some pics next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment