Tuesday 2 August 2011

Summer's finally here!

As if she wasn't already fed up with medical intervention, we had to take Natalie for her third set of injections this morning! This time she had 3 jabs in her legs rather than the usual 2, and she seemed to take it much worse than the last 2 times. She screamed the surgery down, and then all day was on edge, smiling one minute, crying the next - bit of an emotional rollercoaster. However, after some calpol and a half hour walk to the park she managed to fall asleep and all was calm - it also did me good to see people who didn't just scream in my face (thanks Wendy & Martha!). The park did her good, she was very interested in looking at all the new things (mainly trees and climbing frames), and experiencing new sensations like the breeze on her skin (which frightened her initially but then she seemed to quite like it).


When we got home she was generally more chirpy, smiling and chatting a lot more than crying. I had to do some ninja parasol moves on the way home as it was super sunny and then it started raining the biggest raindrops I've ever seen - they were like water bombs dropping from the sky!

When I was reaching for the Calpol in the kitchen cupboard I spotted a terrible sight....


A big mummy spider with hundreds of baby spiders, getting ready to invade and conquer our house!! I swiftly shut the cupboard door (after taking a photo of course) ready for Pete to deal with when he got home.



I harvested some of our tomatoes today too - there are still loads of green ones so they should see us through the summer!


I've been trying to re-design our bedroom. I'm not sure when we'll get round to decorating it, but it's been a fun project to daydream of how it could look!

Oh, and here's a photo of our lavender, just because it looks pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment