Tuesday 9 August 2011

Hello again, it's been a while!

Wow, I hadn't realised I hadn't blogged for almost a week - I must have been busy! I cant think what I've been doing, how embarrassing - I actually have to look in my diary to see what I did yesterday! I hope this is something that happens to all mums, and its not just that I'm losing my mind!

On Friday I had one of the most hectic days ever! I was going to our toddler group picnic so I needed the car that day. Therefore, my day consisted of this:

7am - get up and feed Natalie
7.45am - shower, get dressed, eat breakfast
8.30am - drop Pete off at work (an hour round trip, with a trip to the supermarket in the middle to buy my picnic lunch - I ran out of time to make anything!)
9.45am - got home just in time to give Natalie an early feed because at...
10.15am - I left to pick up Jules and Poppy to take to the picnic at...
11am - the picnic was surprisingly hectic (well, for me at least), as I tried to keep Natalie in the shade and defend her from the persistant wasps!
2.30pm - we left to come home, dropping Jules and Poppy off en route. After dropping them off I got stuck in traffic which meant I didn't get home until...
3.30pm - when I had to feed Natalie before leaving to pick up Pete at...
4.25pm - I got Pete and we drove home, arriving at...
5.25pm - when I quickly tried to blitz the house before our dinner guests arrived at...
5.30pm - Luckily they sensed we needed a bit of space so they waited in the garden while we whipped up some food, then at...
6.15pm - we ate.
7pm - we put Natalie to bed.
10pm - our guests left and we got packing for our weekend at my parents house! Phew, what a long day!

The picnic however, was still fun!




This weekend Natalie got to meet lots of new people:

her great grandad

her great great aunt (the oldest and youngest family members - 93 years between them!)

my childhood friend and her family

and loads of people from my old church (this is one of my best friends Abigail!)

She did really well considering, but was shattered by the time we put her to bed on Sunday night.

My next creative challenge is to make 100 student survival kits that will be given away at church to new students that come along in September! So far, I've got 50 tins of baked beans to transform, I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment