Thursday 25 August 2011

Pretty in pink (...and orange!)

I forgot to mention in my last blog the picnic I had on Friday with 2 of the other mums from JellyTots. We went to Christchurch Meadows by the river and laid out our blankets ready to eat our sandwiches and feed our babies, and along came a goose! It waddled closer and closer to us, even stepped onto our picnic blanket, so I got up and tried to shoo it away, but this just made it angry and it started hissing at us, so we gave up and moved to a new location. We were ok for a while, so we settled and I started feeding Natalie, when suddenly a group of geese started making a bee line for us! Tan and I both instantly stood up, whilst feeding our babies - impressive huh! - and Kate, the SUPERMUM, ran around like a loon chasing the geese away! Thanks Kate!!

Here's Natalie in a lovely new pink outfit she inherited from her cousin Lucy - isn't she cute! We normally avoid pink but we made an exception because we couldn't resist this tiny tank top!!

On Tuesday we progressed from baby rice to....


Natalie loved it! She's had a whole ice cube (defrosted of course) of carrot for the past 2 days and its gone down very well.




It has however changed the output product, and Natalie's nappies now look like they're full of puréed carrot! Lovely!


I got these great ice cube trays in Poundland for freezing puréed food- they work really well because they have lids so you dont have to wrap the tray in clingfilm.

I made some very simple brownies yesterday afternoon, in case it rains today and the trip to the pub on the river I've got planned with my friends gets relocated to my house.


I couldn't believe how easy they were to make, here's the recipe:

400g caster sugar
225g butter, melted
60g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
225g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
60g walnut halves (I used hazelnuts and dried cranberries instead)

Preparation method
1. Mix all ingredients in the order given.
2. Bake at 180 C / Gas mark 4 for 20 - 25 minutes in a rectangular 23x33cm greased baking tin.
3. Cool, and slice into equal square portions.



They're really tasty, we had some for dessert with ice cream! Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment